Friday, December 09, 2005

Nationals Day One - Messy

Results are up for the first day of racing in Providence. It sounded like a day of extreme weather with all races after 1PM cancelled (the Men 35-39 race was the last to go off). Justin Robinson was denied defending his 30-34 Championship jersey and the race is supposededly rescheduled for tomorrow, but for many riders that is in clear conflict the Elite race that is scheduled to go off later in the day. As far as the races that went off, the results seem to be all over the place which implies it must have been a real mess out there. Mark Noble managed 3rd in the 40-44 race and I can only assume Alan Coates must have had a mechanical given the conditions. Other Nor-Cal standouts where Colleen Wanty (3rd Women 40-44) and Betty Jordan (1st 55+).

http://www.cyclocrossnationals.com/results_05.htm

3 Comments:

Blogger cyclocrossboy said...

Another notable Norcal ride is Evan Adams 9th place finish in the Masters 40-44. Way to go Evan!!!

12/9/05, 7:02 PM  
Blogger Dave Carr said...

Great photo of Betty Jordan

12/10/05, 10:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just got back from Nationals. The 35-39 race was extreme to put it mildly. I don't think I have ever been that cold. I stopped racing with 1 lap to go due hypothermia. Thank god for Edwin and Trina who had a van that I sat in for an hour with uncontrollable shivers trying to warm myself up. Before I stopped I had to look at my shifters to see if I was shifting or braking because I had lost all feeling in my hands. My hat's off to those 40 or so guys that actually finished the race. Too bad the weather was so bad because it was a great course and I think us Nor Cal old guys could have done pretty well. Oh well, at least I have some good stories to tell now.
-Tim Thompson

12/11/05, 8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home