Monday, August 18, 2008

Pre-season Update

Hey folks, sorry for not updating y'all - lots going on here in the Funke camp - mainly I've been on vacation...that and I've also decided to quit racing (well, actually my body made that decision for me).

Anyhow, we've got a lot to report in the next few weeks. I'm trying to get the site online so bear with me while I make some aesthetic fixes.

The Calendar is pretty much a done deal - note this year we're using Google Calendar so you can add it to your own calendar, use their Feeds, APIs, etc - if you feel like getting all Web 2.0 and all that. I'll be spiffing up the calendar page later this week but the dates are pretty solid.

The 2008 NCNCA Cup Series is also planned with a new sponsor and 6 of the best races we have to offer - look for a Press Release later this week.

Racing starts in just over 2 weeks with the first LARPD race, are you ready?

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

We have a new course layout for LARPD Cyclocross 2008 season!
It's more Euro traditional course layout with turf, dirt trails and a short section of road.
Some of the races will not be in the rodeo arena like last year. I have a new GPS layout of the course and if you want to see it send me an email and I'll forward it to you: shane@livermorebmx.com.
The A category is only 45 min, not 60 min.

8/20/08, 11:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just looking over the calander. Seems it could be tightened up, and redundencies reduced so that people could complete more series if organizers did a couple things.

1. Lion of Fairfax and Surf City be incorperated into Super Prestige.
2. Put a cap on the number of events per series. Example: LARPD,(as much as I love it)does it merit 9 events to complete the series?
Looking forward to a long season!

8/25/08, 2:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does anyone have more info. on the Sagebrush series opener in Truckee? I'm not sure who the host is and haven't been able to find more info (start time, ect.) Any additional info would be great thanks!

9/1/08, 6:04 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for your feedback and input.
We have modified the categories, start times and length of time for races for the A's.
Master A's will race at 10:30am for 45 min.
A's, Single Speed A's and Jr A's will race at 11:30am for 60 min.

9/1/08, 8:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I keep looking for the LARPD#1 results. Are you going to post thme somewhere Shane?

9/10/08, 10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just noticed the last minute schedule change by the CCCX gang. I guess the race is no longer on Saturday September 20th but now on Sunday September 21st. I know unexpected things come up, but this definitely blows for people like me who sometimes work weekends and have already made special advance arrangements to get this date off to race. Hopefully this won't happen again because I think this going to be the race result I'm going to drop because I probably won't be there.

9/11/08, 8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home